For Registration questions call 877-221-6716 or 801-422-8925 on weekdays (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST), excluding holidays.
||Intensive—No Housing (lunch provided)
||Intensive—WITH Housing and Meals
NOTE: Early check-in for BYU Housing is no longer available. BYU Housing will be available the day each camp, workshop, or intensive starts, but not before. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Experience quality professional instruction in Contemporary dance, jazz and ballet technique, composition, improvisation, repertory, and choreography from BYU’s nationally recognized dance faculty and guest instructors.
Each day will include six intense hours of dance training in some of the finest facilities available. Classes are kept small so each participant will receive personal attention and beneficial feedback. Dancers will grasp new dimensions in dance as they view films and attend lectures on injury prevention, dance philosophy, and dance as art. Master classes will be offered on Folk, Hip-Hop, Musical Theatre, and Ballet. Gain experience in Composition and Improvisation, where dancers will be encouraged to create individual original movement. In Repertory, dancers will work with experienced choreographers, learning and performing choreography.
Dancers will have an opportunity to showcase their learned skills and artistry in a closing demonstration performance.
During free time, on-campus participants can relax and enjoy recreation provided by our friendly recreation counselors. Weekend activities include a day at a water park and a day in Salt Lake City. Other activities include swimming, bowling, dances, games, movies, contests, and skits. There will be some free time to explore the beautiful BYU campus, including shopping at the BYU Store and visiting the museums on campus.
- Enjoy well-known faculty and staff conducting lectures and classes in choreography, composition, and repertory.
- Receive personal attention in small classes from top instructors.
- Have fun under the supervision of a trained summer staff of residence hall and activity counselors.
- Gain performance experience.
- Receive 60 hours of classroom instruction.
- Professional faculty
- Performance and creativity
- Strong technical training in Contemporary dance and jazz
- Training in choreography, composition, and repertory
- Supplemental training in ballet and MDT
- Possible additional master classes: Costuming, Tap, Clog, African, Capoeira, and Laban Movement Analysis
- Lectures, films, and demonstrations
- Individual ability levels
- Closing banquet
- Closing performance
- Great campus recreation
Contemporary Dance Info Packet 2018
BYU Department of Dance Acceptable Studio and Rehearsal Attire
PLEASE NOTE: The 2018 Info Packet posted here is similar to what the 2019 Info Packet will be. The 2019 Info Packet will be posted here 2–3 weeks before the programs begin.