NOTE: The 2017 Information Packets will be available approximately two to four weeks before the camp. Info in the 2017 Packets will be similar to the 2016 Info Packets.
This exciting workshop provides participants with a variety of dance experiences. The exposure to different dance styles will help you identify potential areas of interest. We invite you to learn the basics in such genres as ballet, ballroom, clogging, hip hop, jazz, modern, musical theatre, and world dance from BYU’s nationally recognized dance faculty. You will experience valuable enrichment as you progress in each genre workshop. Each day will include six hours of dance training in some of the finest facilities available. You will receive challenging instruction and beneficial feedback. If you find your interest piqued on a specific form of dance, we will help you know how to get more involved in one of our other dance programs in the future.
During free time, on–campus participants can relax and enjoy recreation provided by our friendly recreation counselors. Other activities include swimming, bowling, dances, games, movies, contests, and skits. There will be free time to explore the beautiful campus, museums on campus, or shop at the bookstore.
- Enjoy well–known faculty and staff conducting classes in technique, choreography and repertory
- Receive superb instruction in a variety of dance styles and practices like, ballet, ballroom, clogging, hiphop, jazz, modern, musical theater, yoga and world dance
- Receive six hours of challenging classroom instruction and coaching each day
- Collaborate with other dancers to create original choreography
- Gain performance experience as you share what you have learned in a closing demonstration featuring workshop highlights
- Make new friends
- Professional faculty
- Ballet, ballroom, clogging, hip hop, jazz, modern, musical theatre, tap and world dance
- Closing demonstration/performance of workshop instruction
- Great campus recreation
- Workshop novelty